Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Eat the Crow

Humbled, humbled, humbled. Glenda the Wanna Be Nurse (aka Glenda the Bad Nurse) was kind to us. She was geniunely kind. I feel shitty for dissing her. Why is it that they get all kind and smirky when Andrew shows up? Is this place secretly filled with self-hating women? It doesn't make sense. It's true though. When I went in for a consultation because the Clomid proved ineffective, the Doc was very short with me and then he pushed IVF and shoved me along my way sans lollipop. When Andrew came with me for another consultation (because frankly what is the point of consulting with your doctor alone when these are family matters...), the doctor was Mr. Generous with his time and actually offered up a diagonosis complete with google images and all. (PCOS-like conditions is what he said. He followed this up with a caveat that while I may not in fact have PCOS, there is no other basket in which to place me, so there I sit.) He went through the whole file, "we first met a year ago and at the time you were trying to get pregnant not knowing that you already were." Hardy fucking harr harr. So what is it? The British thing? A dick thing? Am I just a big fucking pushover?
Wait. It DOES make sense. I get it now. It's like high heels. This whole industry is invented to keep us in our place right? I am sure that scientists would come up with a less painful way to do this if it were men at the other end of the jab, I'm sorry. I know it's a bit of a cliche, but I believe it in this case. It's a big, fat torture fest to keep us down. I'm signing up for one of those assertive classes, that's it. I'm going to start pushing people around. Another New York Bitch Coming Right UP!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home