Friday, July 21, 2006

On Bravery and Bravelle

Again, with the names. It evokes bravery (brave) and yet clearly it's for women (elle)..please. The stupid, stupid plastic cap had us trying to defy gravity until the nurse on the phone said it was completely uneccessary. We managed to get the morning two shots in by about 11 anyway. Closer. Emotions were running on full tilt today, and not just for me. Andrew will have to leave for Taiwan and that means finding someone to stick me in the ass while he's away. Sorry but I am not bravelle enough to do it on my own. I might miss. I am clumsy. I hate needles. I hate them even more now that they are a daily part of my routine. Such a freakin' production...the alchohol prep, the needles, the powders, the water, the switching, the ice and the burn. I called a friend who recently gave birth and found it challenging to find common ground. It's not that I can't sympathize with the hardships of motherhood, it's that I've got my own issues to contend with. I hope my friends will be supportive but if they are not, they will not be my friends again until this is over. She's tired, I'm tired. She's hormonal, I'm hormonal, it should be a place for bonding but it's not. Nothing is. I hate everyone. Irrationally of course but so be it. There is nothing bravelle about me today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home