Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Going Down?

Yes! Direction reversal, yesterday was the peak and HCG here we come! Never, ever did I predict such enthusiasm about receiving a large needle in the bum, but there you have it.

I was reminded today about how the behaviors of new parents when my friend screamed at me when I called her home phone instead of her mobile. May I behave otherwise. May I adjust more gracefully.

It's August and for once I'm more distracted by the looming misery of returning to work than I am my adventures in fertility experimentation. I dread returning to teach. I dread the language of poverty, the sounds, smells and daily patience testing interactions with the needy and the greedy. I can't bare the injury to my fragile, fragile body and mind. I don't feel recovered. I am not rested. It is highly likely that I will have an awful year. The class I will teach bores me and I haven't started it yet. I'm in the wrong school. The cliques and the competition and the endless favortism, how will I ever come out unscathed?

I spent MORE money today. Ants are crawling in my bathroom. Flies are multiplying in my kitchen. Why does this happen when my husband is away?

It's not just my blood levels that are going down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home