Sunday, August 06, 2006

Used Minty Dental Floss

I love my house with its quirky alarm bells that squak at odd intervals. I love my husband who is a manic runner consumed by work and jet lag but never so inspired to help around the house. I love the push and pull of our emotions as one or the other of us struggles with the discontent that must be middle age. I love waking up each day to a fresh start, a chance to try again. That's all that living is, a series of new beginnings. I took a shower and I thought about washing all the bruises and poison down the drain which will clog along with all the pieces of hair that fall out until once again we have to call the plumber. We live in a house that will outlive us.

Some day we will have a child. Some day soon I hope, but some day for certain.

Until then, I have to figure out what to do with today. I get to pout and cry and feel pissy about the bloated stomach, the sore breasts and the added weight, but they'll go away and there is still my reflection starting back at me wondering what I'll come up with next.

This loss feels like any other, something to overcome, to grieve and to reflect upon. I'm angry, I'm frustrated, but I know that it will pass. What I need now is some inspiration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home